Active Ageing Service
The Active Ageing Service visits older people in their homes and provides a support service to those who are aged 80-84. The team aims to enable older people to maintain independence and to promote dignity and quality of life in their own homes by offering health advice.
The team consists of Health Visitors and Health Visitor Support Workers who are based in the community. We are able to help people access services, such as medical, social, home environment and financial. We also support carers.
The Active Ageing Team works in partnership to help identify health needs and to signpost families to the services they may require in order to maintain independence.
The Service Offers
- Falls and accident prevention
- Advice on memory loss and dementia
- Support for those who have been recently bereaved
- Advice on managing long term health conditions
- Health Education
- Signposting to local and national support services
More information about the services we offer telephone 01225 831400.